07 July 2014

4th of July Weekend

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays and this year was special with it being our first holiday as a family of 4. Even though we didn't plan much since Gage is so little, we had a blast just relaxing at home with our family. 




I had every intention of making a big festive breakfast until I only got 3 hours of sleep and Ryder woke up with no patience whatsoever. So he settled for a not so pretty flag made out of fruit. I say I get an A for effort.....


Nap time was a must after a long afternoon of lunch and firework shopping. And when I say it was a must, I mean Tyson said he was going to put Ryder down then take Gage so I could get some rest and 30 minutes later I find him like this. 



Ryder's favorite part of the day was playing with pops. He had a blast throwing them all over the driveway and was not happy when we ran out. 


Gage just soaked up the fresh air in the mean time. 



Pops he loved, fireworks not so much. He didn't cry but never left my shoulder and jumped with every loud noise. He did like watching them from inside though!





And now this is us today.... Mondays after holidays are the worst. But thankfully Tyson is home today so our Monday Madness isn't as bad.



I hope you all had a fun and safe holiday with your families!

4 comments:

  1. lol i cracked up at the picture of Ryder and his daddy! Thats too funny. Sounds like something my husband would do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha funny huh! I couldn't get mad though they are too cute :)

      Delete
  2. OMG- totally have the same patriotic pjs for Brielana! #NewbornTwinsies hehe. Bummed they were too big to bring her home in, since she was born on 4th of July!
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Twinsies for sure!! That's okay she can just be patriotic all summer! :)

      Delete