02 April 2014

Gooey Chocolate Brownies

Even though the calendar says April the weather is screaming January. I don't know why I'm surprised that it's April 2nd and it was a blizzard all.day.long. Well played Mother Nature. So we made it a snow day and we popped in some movies, stayed in our sweats and baked all day long. 
These brownies are my go to dessert because they are so easy but so delicious. Bye bye boxed brownies!








Here's what you'll need....



1/2 cup butter
4 tbsp cocoa
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Sift dry ingredients together and set aside. Melt butter in saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla and stir until blended. Do not over stir, or batter will rise too high and then fall. Add cocoa mix into the dry ingredients and stir until blended. Grease an 8x8 baking pan. Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Brownies should still be gooey when they first come out of the oven. 




Ryder of course was such a big helper. When I say he helped I mean he spilled a cup of sugar and then tracked it all over the house. Don't worry, the dog followed behind him attempting to lick it up leaving a sticky mess all over my kitchen floor. 








Voila! These are so soft and gooey and have just the right amount of sweetness. They sure are a hit in my house and only take a few minutes to whip up. Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. I made chocolate chip cookies and my 18 month old son always likes to help stir and of course he makes a mess and dumps half the flour mixture out so the recipe is off. I decided to get him is own small bowl and put flour in it and gave him a whisk. He felt special and loved it!! Enjoy your winter wonderland!! lol You can keep it over there! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryder does the same thing and totally ruins the recipe! That's a good idea to give him his own bowl I'll try it next time! And our winter wonderland has finally left haha!

    ReplyDelete