09 August 2014

A Day In Our {crazy} Life


I've been wanting to post about our schedule for awhile now but thought I would wait until Gage was born and we are somewhat transitioned to two kids. Gage still isn't on a set schedule yet but I am slowly starting to see one form and I am looking forward to a set routine soon. The newborn stage is hard for me and I'm excited to see him slowly growing out of it. 
We are still working on nursing so when I say that I feed him it consists of nursing until he fusses and refuses, pumping, then feeding him the pumped milk. I do this whenever he eats including the middle of the night. Pain in the ass is an understatement but he is slowly getting better nursing so I'm hopeful for the future. We try to do the baby wise method with him which is eat, play and then sleep. We also try not to let him stay awake for more than 2 hours which doesn't always work. For some reason Gage has a really hard time sleeping during the day sometimes, Like up for 4-6 hours straight. We do have our good days with the bad though, Welcome to the newborn stage.
 Gage has been napping in his MamaRoo which is in our family room where Ryder plays. The noise might be a reason why he is having a hard time sleeping sometimes so we are trying to transition him to his crib for naps. 


Our morning starts somewhere between 4am-6am when Gage struggles to decide if it's time to start the day or not. Some mornings I feed him and he'll go right back to sleep, other mornings he fusses until I put him In his MamaRoo and I end up having to sleep on the couch. 



7:00-8:00am Gage wakes up for another feeding and usually will quickly go back to sleep depending on how the morning has gone. Since Ryder doesn't nap anymore {insert eye roll here} this is also the time that I like to get a few things done around the house like cleaning, dishes, laundry and 4 cups of coffee {I wish}


8:00-9:00 am Ryder wakes up and reads books in his room until I go get him. I give him a sippy of milk and he plays with his toys while I make breakfast. Gage is usually still asleep so we head outside after breakfast to play while it's still cool out.





9:30-10:00 I attempt to take a shower and get ready for the day. This usually consists of dry shampoo, a hat and tshirt while Ryder tears apart the bathroom. Gage wakes up for another feeding then I get the boys ready for the day. This is also when I usually like to run errands before we eat lunch. For some reason I feel like things go downhill fast after lunch. Speaking of errands, I survived my first grocery shopping trip with both boys by myself. I'm so proud! As you can see Ryder feels the same way about grocery shopping as I do. 
If we don't have any errands to run and it isn't too hot outside this is when I like to try to go for a walk.


11:30-12:30 Me and Ryder eat lunch and then I feed Gage. This is when we struggle with Gage going back to sleep. Some days he just won't go back to sleep and will even stay up until after dinner, other days he can't even stay awake to finish eating. I do think he is slowly getting better around this time of day though. 


1:30-3:30 I do a little more around the house while the boys play. If I have a lot to do I'll turn on a cartoon for Ryder to watch while I rush to get a few things done.





3:00-3:30 I feed Gage and put him down for a nap then Ryder and I head outside to play and have a snack. We'll do sidewalk chalk, blow bubbles, play basketball or play In his water table. 





4:00 Were done playing outside and Ryder is not happy about it so he decides to ride the dog or steal my phone and hide in Gage's car seat. Where is daddy??



5:30 Tyson's work schedule varies but on a good day this is when he gets home. He'll take over and I'll start dinner. And when I say I start dinner I mean I throw together some sort of meal and hope it tastes good. This is when sleep deprivation really hits and I have no energy to put into a good meal. My poor family is probably sick of eating crap! If Tyson is out of town for work I'm on my own, hoping for the best but expecting the worst! 

6:00-6:30 We eat dinner, clean up and I feed Gage. This is when he starts to get extra fussy. We are hoping to start getting him down for the night around 7:00 since he shows signs of being ready for bed around this time.

6:30-7:30 Tyson plays with Ryder while I get Gage in the bath and ready for bed. Then we switch and Tyson gets Ryder in the bath and ready for bed while I feed Gage and try to get him to sleep for the night. 




8:00-8:30 Ryder lays in our bed, has a sippy of milk and watches Little Bear while I am either still getting Gage to sleep or cleaning up the disaster that Ryder left behind from the day. Tyson then reads Ryder some books and puts him to bed anywhere from 7:30-8:30



This is where it gets hard if Tyson is out of town. I will switch off bathing them every other night and feed Gage while Ryder watches his show and drinks his milk. Then I lay Gage down and Ryder usually wakes him up as I chase him around trying to get his Jammie's on. I'll read Ryder books and he usually goes to sleep really easy since he doesn't nap. Then I attempt to get Gage back to sleep 



9:00-10:30 Both kids are usually asleep so we will both do some work on the computer, talk about our day or watch some shows on our DVR. Tyson starts school in two weeks so this will probably be the time he does homework soon. And we are wild and hit the hay around 10:30.

Gage wakes up around 1am to feed and goes right back to sleep which is nice since I have to pump. Then were up again at 4am trying to decide if it's time to wake up for the day or not. 

Like I said some days are better than others and we are starting to have more good days than bad. Either way I absolutely love this crazy life of mine and wouldn't trade it for the world! I will be doing an updated post when Gage is on a schedule here soon. It will be interesting to see what a difference a few months can make. 

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya :) I'm about to do a "Day in the Life" post soon with our schedule...in case you're interested in how my little one is doing. It's so unpredictable. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'd love to hear how your little one is doing and read about your schedule! Especially since you are exclusively pumping. Yes newborns are so unpredictable! But I love knowing I'm not alone and that you're there going through the same things :)

      Delete