08 September 2013

All things FALL

We have a huge storm passing through here this weekend which has brought temperatures into the mid 60's. So we have totally been in Fall mode the last few days!

We all know Fall officially begins when Starbucks comes out with their Pumpkin Spice Latte, and I had my first one of the season this morning! 


Also, Bath and Body Works has released all their new Fall Scents! I snatched up some Pumpkin scented hand soaps which smell amazing! 


While I was there I really wanted to buy some Fall scented candles, but I just can't bring myself to pay $25 for one candle! So until they have a sale I came up with a cheaper idea. I decided to try and make some Fall "potpourri" in my crock pot. Which actually turned out great! This is the "recipe" that I originally wanted to follow

1 Apple
1 Orange
1 lemon
4 cinnamon sticks 
2tbs whole allspice 
2tbs whole clove

However, after searching the store for 30 minutes with a tired, cranky baby I could not find the spices. So I improvised and ended up using ground cinnamon and ground allspice that I already had at home. And it still smelled heavenly! I sliced the apple, lemon and orange and added them to a crock pot full of water then mixed in the spices. I turned it on high with the lid off. Just make sure you keep an eye on it so the water doesn't get too low. I plan on using this mixture for a few days and just continue adding water.


It even looks delicious!! {don't eat it! It probably doesn't taste as good as it looks}



I took advantage of the stormy weather to finish up my Fall Yarn Tassel Garland. I orginally got this idea from Wifessionals Blog where she made one for her baby girl's nursery. If you want to get instructions on how to make this click here. I am not completely finished with it yet, I think I want to add more tassels and find a better way to hang it. But here is the basic idea.








We ended our Saturday night in our Halloween Jammies and watched Hocus Pocus while we listed to the thunder.







Wow! Can anyone guess how many times I used the word "Fall" in this blog post??

Hope you all have a fun, relaxed, Football filled Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back, though I am waiting until the girls are born so I can enjoy it fully! This momma is going to need all the caffeine in the world and, thankfully, there is a Starbucks just a couple of miles away :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pumkin Spice Latte is my favorite!! And your girls will be here just in time so you can enjoy lots and lots and LOTS of it!! :) I have been stalking your blog waiting to see pics of them! Aren't they due soon??

      Delete