28 October 2014

4 Months Old

 
 As always, I can't believe how fast Gage growing! He's not a fragile newborn anymore and although I'm loving this age, I'm kind of missing my teeny tiny newborn. His 4 month check up went great - He weighs 15 lbs 6 oz and is way off the charts on his height of 27.5 inches long. We also got the okay from his pediatrician to start him on solid foods so  Today we gave him some baby oatmeal mixed with breast milk and he seemed to enjoy it. I'm still not sure how often we will give him solids because he does pretty good with just breast milk right now. He is a champ at breastfeeding and I'm happy we are still going strong. He eats every 3 hours or so but only nurses for about 5 - 10 minutes so it's not bad that he eats so often. 
I don't even know where to begin on his sleeping habits. Some days he sleeps really well and other days he is up all night and all day. I cannot get him on a schedule for the life of me. He is just like Ryder was at this age and he is terrible at napping. I can't tell you how many times a day I go up and down my stairs putting his binky in and trying to get him to sleep.  We are just taking it day by day until we can get him on a sleep schedule. 

Gage is starting to take interest in toys and he will grab and put things in his mouth. He absolutely loves Ryder and laughs and smiles at him all day long. Tyson calls Ryder his "secret weapon" when Gage is fussy because he can calm him down in an instant. Ryder loves him just as much and makes sure he introduces him as "my baby" while patting him on his head when we go places.










I find it funny that 90% of the pictures I have of Gage are when its dark out and most have cups of coffee in them. And although we aren't getting much sleep most days we sure do love this red headed, blue eyed monster! We can't wait to see him grow up and can't imagine life without him. Love you Baby G!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment