16 September 2013

Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup

With cooler weather on the horizon I have been pulling out all of my soup recipes, and this by far is my favorite!! It is so simple and full of flavor. Even my picky eater babe eats this!



I originally found a recipe like this on Pinterest. But it wasn't my favorite and ended up changing the recipe a lot and made it into my own. It turned our perfect!
Here's what you'll need:




1lb Chicken Breast
5 Cups chicken stock or broth
15oz can sweet whole corn kernels, drained
2- 15oz black beans, drained
15oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1 onion, chopped
1 Jalapeno, minced
1 green pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp chili powder
Seasoned Tortilla Strips
Shredded cheese of your choice


Directions:
Add all ingredients to crockpot . Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours
Prior to serving remove chicken and shred. Mine shredded real easy with just two forks.
Add chicken back to mixture and stir.
Your done! Top with shredded cheese, seasoned tortilla strips and a spoonfull of sour cream! I like to serve mine with french bread and some warm Apple Cider. Perfect for those cool Fall Evenings!

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment