18 November 2014

A day in our life using Essential Oils


If you follow me on Instagram (@whitrichins) you saw that I recently started using Essential Oils. I first got introduced to oils when I had really bad postpartum depression with Ryder. On the verge of going on medication a family member gave me some samples and I felt like a whole new person with the first use and was hooked. I recently just purchased a kit from Young Living and although I am still pretty new at using the oils they are definitely something I love using every day. The most asked question I get about them is how I use them on a daily basis. So I thought I would break down a typical day in my house and how I incorporate them in what we do.





In the morning I try to wake up a little bit before my kids to enjoy a cup of coffee while its quiet and plan out our day. This is when I like to diffuse Joy or valor which are both uplifting, help with anxiety and depression, and just help me get my energy for the day. I do struggle a little bit with anxiety and this definitely has helped me.



When getting my 2 year old dressed for the day I always apply Thieves and coconut oil to the bottoms of his feet. Thieves is great for immune support and good health so we never leave the house without it, it's a life saver during cold and flu season! They also make Thieves cleaning spray, wipes, toothpaste, mouthwash, lozenges and so much more. You apply it to the feet because it is absorbed quickly due to the large pores.

I also use oils for doing the day to day cleaning and laundry in my house. My husband is an Industrial Mechanic and he brings home all sorts of smells on his clothes. When doing his laundry I add a few drops of Purification to the water and it gets rid of any fowl smells. This is also an awesome oil to diffuse to get rid of impurities in the air and it makes a great DYI febreze spray. When cleaning my  counters and floors I use Thieves or Lemon and it does a great job without all the nasty chemicals that cleaning products have. I also like to add a few drops of Lemon to my water every day.



My 4 month old is the worst sleeper that you can ever imagine. He has the hardest time napping during the day so I will apply one drop Lavender to some coconut oil and apply it to the bottoms of his feet and that does the trick. I also diffuse Lavender in his room at night and it works like magic. You don't realize how good it works until you go a night without using it!




There are a few different oil combinations that I like to diffuse in the afternoon.
Peppermint  is really refreshing and promotes energy. This is also great for nausea and headaches.
Thieves and Lemon smells great and helps remove germs in the air.
Joy and Stress Away combat stress, anxiety and depression
Orange and Lavender is very relaxing.
The combinations are endless! Which is one of the reasons why I love them. 



For bath time I like to add a few drops of Peace & Calming to the boys bath water. This helps them calm down and relax while we get ready for bed. 



I also really love using oils as a part of my nightly skin care routine. After I wash my face I mix 1 drop Lavender and Frankincense with some coconut oil and apply it on my face and neck. It's great for acne, aging skin and gives me a pretty glow. I also apply this to my belly to help diminish stretch marks.

You can see how often I use the oils and how they really impact our daily lives. I really do think they have improved my family's health and I love experimenting with them everyday and finding new favorite combinations.

If you are interested in ordering click here or if you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email. You can also read more about Young Living Essential Oils here. Make sure you keep an eye out for some up coming post about using the oils, DIY recipes, favorites and more.

Disclaimer: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living Essential Oils. I am not a doctor. Statements, products and techniques mentioned have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment