07 June 2013

Mustache Birthday Bash!

First off...you guys...I can't believe my baby is 1!! I swear it was just yesterday we were bringing him home from the Hospital. What an amazing year its been! Ryder is just what we needed in our lives and words cannot describe the love I have for this boy. What a blessing he is!!


We started his Birthday morning off right with a crib full of Balloons and a great big Birthday breakfast. The rest of the day was spent swimming, watching his favorite cartoons, eating his favorite food and just spending time with family. Then it was party time!


For his birthday party I was struggling to decide on a theme. He really loves Mickey Mouse but I think a mustache theme is the cutest thing ever! (Remember Ryder's Mustache Valentines ??) Mustache Birthday Bash it is!!


I bought most of his party supplies at Hobby Lobby. There was matching invitations, napkins, plates, Birthday banner, and high chair banner. And I loved the colors!!


Seriously how cute is this cake made by my step mom?? She made one cake to serve to everyone and a smash cake for Ryder.




We served a meat and cheese tray, fruit and dip, chips and dip, cake and cupcakes. And as I have mentioned before this kid doesn't have much of a sweet tooth. So he just played in his cake and was more interested in his balloons.




His party turned out just how I imagined it. Thank you to all our family and friends that made Ryder's 1st Birthday a memorable one! Ryder loved seeing everyone and had a blast at is party! However he did not like when I put his mustache on. It's hard to be 1. 


Cutest.thing.ever.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! How have I missed this post?!? Preston also had a mustache bash for his first birthday! I need to back post pictures of it, but I LOVE the mustache theme!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did?? I want to see pics of it!! I love the mustache theme too!! Did you see my post on Ryder's Mustache Valentines??

      Delete
  2. my son will be one in march and I too am doing the mustache theme. how long ago did you get the plates and napkins from hobby lobby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun!! I love the Mustache theme! I got them May of last year. I hope they are still in stock for you because they are so cute! :)

      Delete
  3. thank you they were in stock & i went ahead and got them...so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!! My little boy turns one May 1st but my husband is deploying May 2 so we are having the party early! I found the same decorations at Hobby Lobby but I want to know where you got his cute plaid shirt in the last pic! :) I cant wait for this party. Thanks for the cute inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad you found the decorations they are the cutest! I got the shirt from Nordstrom online. It's by peek kids and I believe it's called a utility shirt. You can see more pics here

      http://www.mamaandmister.blogspot.com/2013/06/one-year-pics.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank your husband for his service!!

      Delete