20 February 2014

Baby #2 Must Haves {Part One}

Since I found out I was pregnant, I've been thinking about all the things I want to do differently this time around. Obviously with your first baby you are kind of clueless and just have to roll with the punches. This time I know what to expect and I have a better idea of what things I need and don't need. Here is a list of products that I plan to get with baby #2.





 
1. 4moms RockaRo I have heard nothing but amazing things about this new swing. We bought a swing when I had Ryder but it really wasn't meant for newborns and he hated it. I spent long nights swinging him back and forth vigorously in my arms and a good swing would have saved me some sanity. I am trying to decide between the MamaRoo and the RockaRoo.

2. Born Free Tru Temp Bottle Warmer How did I not know these existed?? I exclusively pumped for a long time and every one knows how fun it is taking time to warm breast milk with a screaming baby. This warms milk in 3 minutes without losing nourishment or burning the milk. It also warms formula, baby food and sterilizes pacifiers.

3. Boon Grass Drying Rack I have heard other moms rave about this drying rack and I'm really excited to try it out. We use the Doctor Brown bottles and this will be perfect with all the little parts the bottle has. 

4. Summer Infant Secure Sight Extra Camera This is the monitor we use with Ryder and we love it. So all we have to do is buy an extra camera and I will be able to see both kids on the same monitor. And It has really great picture even at night.

5. Aden and Anais Bamboo Swaddle Blankets I didn't buy any of these when we had Ryder because of the price but I really wish I had. Ryder was born in the summer and all the other Swaddle blankets I had were way too hot for him and he also grew out of them so fast. These are really big and lightweight , perfect for our upcoming June baby. I hear these are great as nursing covers and for tummy time too.

As you can see I went a little overboard with the swaddlers, but look how cute the prints are! My favorite are the bamboo ones, they are so so soft.






6. Honest Company Shampoo and Body Wash I just recently started using this on Ryder and love it! I wish I would have had this for his dry, sensitive newborn skin. It is all natural with no chemicals and smells great.



There are also a few things I found out that I purchased that was totally unnecessary when I had Ryder. 
-Diaper wipe warmer: I told Tyson that I obsolutely needed one of these and I ended up taking it back to the store.
-Baby shoes: I bought a ton of baby shoes that I never ever used. They were really cute but they didn't stay on his feet and were very useless.
-10,000 binkys: I stocked up on every brand and type of binky out there. I seriously have zip lock bags full of them. Ryder hated them from day 1 and we never used them. Even if this baby takes a binky I will only need a few, obviously.



Do you guys have any baby products that you swear by?? I am still on the hunt for a double stroller, a good baby bath and a few other things so keep an eye out for part 2. Happy Friday Eve!




2 comments:

  1. I REALLY want a mamaroo. I saw one posted on a yard sale group for my town and it was in perfect condition and was listed for only $45 !!!!!! I about crapped myself. I couldn't get it in time cause 500 thousand other people got to it before me!

    I've heard the womb bear is good to tie on the side of the crib (when they start sleeping there). Its supposed to soothe them from the womb sounds. I'm gonna get one for our next baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always wanted a MamaRoo!! But then thy came out with the RockaRoo now I don't know which one to get. $45?? What a steal! I bet that went pretty fast :) I'll look into the womb bear! Thank you!!

      Delete