10 February 2014

Favorite Hair Products

I have a serious problem with buying hair products. I am a licensed Cosmetologist so its only natural that I have 200 hair products on my shelf.....right?? I have compiled a list of my favorites to share with you. I also included a few that I love for my hubby and Ryder.{And I may have even included a list for the dog....}



Let me start by talking about the first three products that I have listed. They are apart of the Paul Mitchell Forever Blonde Hair Line. However, I do think that these are great products for any hair color. They are sulfate free and have Keratin in them so they are really gentle and moisture rich. Amazing product for anyone!


1. Paul Mitchell Forever Blonde Dramatic Repair This is a leave in conditioner that you spray on your hair while damp. It is awesome at detangling and I totally notice a difference when I use it. 
2. Paul Mitchell Forever Blonde Shampoo My favorite part about this Shampoo is that it has a light purple tint to it. So it helps keep my blonde hair looking fresh and pale instead of brassy and dull. It is Sulfate free so it is really gentle on highly bleached hair. But like I said, any hair color can use this.

3. Paul Mitchell Keractive Forever Blonde Conditioner This also has a light purple tint to it and contains Keratin which helps restore moisture to your hair. My hair feels completely different after using it. This is my favorite Conditioner of all time.

4. Its a 10 Miracle Deep Conditioner plus Keratin I use this deep conditioner once a week. I put it on in the shower and put a cap on it for about 5 minutes then rinse it out. The more I continue to use it the more healthy my hair is becoming. Everyone should go check out the "Its a 10" Hair line. Every single one of their products is amazing.

5. Bed Head Masterpiece Massive Shine Hairspray I have been using this hairspray for years and it is defintely my favorite. It has great hold with amazing shine but it also does not dry out my hair, like a lot of hairsprays do.

6. MoroccanOil Hydrating Styling Cream This is such an amazing product for any hair type. You apply it to damp hair then blow dry. My hair is really frizzy and thick and this leaves my hair soft, shiny and manageable. It also reduces drying time. It is a little pricey but totally worth it.

7. Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Styling Oil I love this oil because you can use it so many different ways. You can use it on damp hair to add moisture and help protect during drying, you can use it before using hot tools to protect it from the heat and adding shine, and you can also use it after your hair is styled to smooth your ends. Right now my favorite way to use it is right before I flat iron or curl my hair as a heat protectant. I think it is very comparable to the MoroccanOil Hair Treatment for a lot less money.

8. Bed Head After Party Smoothing Cream This is another product that I have been using for years and continue to love. It is a smoothing cream that you apply after you have styled your hair. It smells amazing and does its job wonderfully.

9. Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo This is a must have for any blonde out there. It is a bright purple shampoo that I use once a week to brighten my blonde hair. When I use this in addition to my blonde daily shampoo my hair is never brassy or dull.

10. Healthy Sexy Hair Tri Wheat Leave in Conditioner This is another one of my favorite leave in conditioners. It detangles and is very moisturizing.

11. Paul Mitchell Extra Body Daily Boost Root Lifter I love this root lifter because it is a light spray instead of a thick mousse. So I dont feel like it is sticky and still gives my roots a great boost.




For Ryder's hair I use
2. Paul Mitchell Baby Dont Cry Shampoo it is tearless, gentle, moisturizing and smells amazing! 
For styling I use 
1. Healthy Sexy Hair Soy and Cocoa Paste I love it because it is a paste so it has a more manageable finish instead of a thick gel that has a hard, dry finish. It is gentle and has a great hold. It is great for styling mohawks or smoothing longer hair.  

To all you boy mama's out there what do you think about me doing a post on how to cut a little boy's hair??





My Husband uses



Okay, so this is kind of weird but I totally use professional products on Cash...our dog. But they really do a great job! He isn't itchy, dry, flaky or have any hot spots. And he is so soft and shiny.





I hope you find this HUGE list somewhat helpful! Now run out and snag some of these for your whole family. Happy Sytling!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I am a product whore. :-/ I also love the Bed Head smoothing cream. In college I used to go to Fred Meyer and steal a tiny amount of it for my hair since I couldn't afford to buy it. I'm stocked up now! It's a Godsend for thick hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad im not the only one with a product problem! haha that made me laugh!! It is totally worth stealing a squirt here and there from Fred Meyer! Defintely a must for thick hair!

      Delete