19 September 2014

TGIF

I don't think I've ever been this excited that it's finally Friday in my entire life!! It has been an extremely long week and I'm pretty sure it's been the hardest one parent-wise since I've become a mother. Tyson was out of town for work again this week and the boys used this opportunity to play the game "let's see how long it takes mom to lose her shit". And let me tell you, it didn't take long. Ryder has molars cutting and has a cold on top of it so he is just miserable. He has always been a really good sleeper at night, We put him to bed and he falls right asleep and doesn't get out until morning. Well that has changed this week! I don't know if it's because he doesn't feel good or what but refuses to stay in his bed and screams bloody murder all.night.long. Which then wakes Gage up and I have two crying kids to deal with at 2am. I finally broke down and let Ryder sleep in our bed because Gage needed to eat and I didn't have time to deal with him. I was surprised he actually fell asleep, he's never slept in our bed because he just doesn't like it he's always liked sleeping in his own bed. I also took him to the doctor on Monday and they prescribed him medicine to treat croup. Great. I was relieved to get some medicine to get him feeling better! That was until I gave him his medicine and he projectile puked all over me because of the taste. I still haven't been able to get him to keep it down. On top of that, Gage has decided he doesn't like his binky anymore and wants to nurse for comfort instead. So he has been refusing to nap and wants to lay in bed with me and nurse all night. Which wouldn't be too bad if I didn't have to deal with Ryder screaming all night long. So after 3 hours of sleep each night and a lot of tears, Tyson is finally on his way home and I'm so relieved to have some help! I don't know how single moms do it. 

Rant over - cheers to the weekend!! 



             {Instagram @whitrichins}


2 comments:

  1. Those molars are horrible! Landon got all 4 of his 2 yr molars within a month. It was rough for a while but once they all came in he started sleeping better. That is until I let him start taking naps with me throughout the day and now he is hard to put to bed at night! It's slowly getting better! We used whiskey on the gums for teething! I think it helped him a lot! Also, what got us through the teething the most was popsicles! Healthy alternative is to make a smoothie and make your own popsicles :) Good luck! I know just having one teething, screaming toddler is hard! I couldn't imagine having two cranky babies! Hang in there, mama! I think a bubble bath is in your near future ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the molars the worst?! He started sleeping better last night thank goodness! I could definitely use a bubble bath and maybe even a little bit of that whiskey! :-P thanks for the advice!

      Delete